that one of the most exciting parts

carol33444

that one of the most exciting parts

Post autor: carol33444 »

A week before his light heavyweight title defence at UFC 172, Jon Jones told TSN.ca that one of the most exciting parts of his career is "just breaking records, you know?" After his dominating victory over Glover Teixeira in Baltimore to retain his title for a record seventh time, its time to take a look at what the Rochester native has accomplished and ask, is he the best ever? With the win over Teixeira, Jones took sole possession atop the light heavyweight division with 14 wins in the modern 205-pound era. It was his 11th straight win, also a division record and tied for third longest in UFC history behind former middleweight champion Anderson Silva (16) and former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (12). No other light heavyweight champion has ever successfully defended the belt seven times. Only Silva (12) and St-Pierre (9) have more. Jones landed 138 significant strikes on Teixeira, the most ever in a light heavyweight title fight, and with 824 for his career he passed former champ Forrest Griffin (796) for the most in division history. Jones stuffed all five of Teixeiras takedown attempts, bringing his career takedown defence rate to 96.6% (28 of 29), which is the best percentage of any UFC fighter with a minimum of 20 opponent takedown attempts. And if the numbers arent enough, watching him pick apart opponent after opponent says it all. UFC president Dana White told reporters at the post-fight press conference that Jones "never looked better than he did tonight." And thats saying something for a guy who has beaten five former champions and whose only loss is a disqualification for illegal elbows. "I think it was the best performance of his career," White said. "Jones, I think that if he didnt prove it in the (Alexander) Gustafsson fight, he definitely proved it in this fight -- Jones has a chin. He evolves every time he fights, he comes out and puts on a clinic and does new things." With each demolition - save for the five-round war with Gustafsson at UFC 165 - Jones continues to set new standards in his division and the UFC. With all the legends that have graced the octagon over the years, is Jon Jones the greatest of them all? As always, its Your! Call. Air Max 95 Sale Canada .Michael Briscoe is serving a life sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping and first-degree murder in the death of 13-year-old Nina Courtepatte in 2005. Air Max 95 Wholesale Canada . - Wesley Matthews got a chance to practice his bow-and-arrow 3-point celebration on Sunday night. http://www.airmax95canada.com/. Both moves were announced Tuesday. The Titans had waived Matthews on Saturday when they promoted wide receiver Michael Preston from the practice squad. Air Max 95 Cheap Sale . The move - the latest twist in Greeces nearly three-year financial freefall -- is the first such action by any of the countrys major sports bodies. It immediately halts all domestic track and field competitions, including track meets May 12-13 in several Greek cities. Air Max 95 Online Store . First, the Red Wings scored the tying goal after officials missed the puck hitting the protective netting, then the Kings wound up losing in a shootout. That could affect playoff positioning in the Eastern and Western Conferences, and thats a concern for everyone. DALLAS -- Alex Chiasson didnt see his tiebreaking goal go in Thursday night. Neither did Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff. More important, the referees didnt see the puck hit the net. At the other end of the ice, though, Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen saw the goal scored, and stopped the puck when it came to him. On review, the goal was ruled good. That started Dallas toward three goals in barely a minute and a 5-1 victory over the Calgary Flames. "When Kari stopped and froze the puck, thats when I knew it was a goal," Ruff said. "Otherwise, hes risking a minor penalty, so I figured he knew it was a goal." Chiasson said, "I didnt know it was in until I was on the bench and everyone was telling me it was in." Chiasson and Jamie Benn each scored two goals to lead the Stars. The game was tied 1-1 when rookie Chiasson took a pass from Ray Whitney and shot the puck into the upper right corner over Calgary goalie Karri Ramo at 11:11 of the second period. Just 18 seconds after the goal was reviewed, Benns shot from the left circle went in for his second goal of the season. Brenden Dillon then scored off a faceoff, assisted by Shawn Horcoff, at 12:12. Chiasson said: "It makes a big difference when you score, and then you score again. That usually kills the other teams momentum. I thought that changed the game right there." Flames coach Bob Hartley agreed. "Those three quick goals, they definitely took lots of energy out of us and we just couldnt recover." Lehtonen, returning after five games on injured reserve because of a leg injury, appreciated the offensive support. "It was good that we got those goals. That made it easier to relax," he said. Dallas had lost four of the five games while Lehtonen was out. Against Calgary, he made 28 saves. On Thursday, the Flames completed a five-game trip on which they were 1-4. "Were not quitters over here but its a results-oriented business and it was a terrible road trip," Calgary left wing T.J. Gagliardi said. "We just had breakdowns and off-man rushes. Theyre skilled enough where theyre going to make you payy.dddddddddddd" Dallas (4-5) dominated the early going, with the games first four shots on goal. Two of those were by Chiasson. Ramo stopped the first from in front of the goal, but Chiasson retrieved the puck and tapped it in for a 1-0 at 4:04 of the first period. "The first goal by Chaser was real good hands on his part," Ruff said. "The play from Whitney was a real nice opportunity." The Flames (4-4-2) tied the game 4:30 into the second period. Lee Stempniak skated along the right wing. Defenceman Trevor Daley stayed with a Flame across the ice and when centre Cody Eakin skated from behind Stempniak, he shot the puck past Lehtonen. Chiasson had a chance for a third goal late in the second period from the left circle, but Ramo deflected the puck wide of the net. Benn scored again at 3:36 of the third period. A missed shot went off the back boards. Chiasson picked up the puck and slid it behind the goal to Benn. His wraparound shot beat Ramo. Hartley said: "I felt that we started the third period on a good note. We had a huge hole to come back and they got that goal, so basically the game was over right there." Ruff was asked if the Stars were trying to get a hat trick for Chiasson or Benn. "I think the players were. Every puck was getting funneled in one direction. When youve got that lead at that time of the game, youre looking for something good like that." Dallas twice in the third period failed to score on 5-on-3 advantages against a Flames penalty-killing unit that ranked last in the NHL. Notes: Dallas defenceman Kevin Connauton made his NHL debut. He was on the ice for the first goal, and was penalized for holding at 16:41 of the first period. He later blocked four shots ... Stars forward Ryan Garbutt served the first game of a five-game suspension for charging Anaheims Dustin Penner Sunday ... Calgary centre Matt Stajan also returned from a leg injury that had kept him out since Oct. 3. He assisted on the Flames goal. ... In his second NHL game, Calgary defenceman Christopher Breen drew a 5-minute penalty for fighting with Dallas Lane MacDermid. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ