made 39 saves one night earlier to backst

wwllw868

made 39 saves one night earlier to backst

Post autor: wwllw868 »

CALGARY - When overtime started, Josh Jooris was sitting in the penalty box. When it ended, he was being mobbed by his teammates.Jooris scored at 1:08 of overtime to lead the Calgary Flames to a wild 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Wednesday.I was fortunate to come out of the box at the right time and they (Jiri Hudler and Dennis Wideman) just made a great play and I was able to put it in, said Jooris, who took a tripping penalty at 19:01 of the third period while Edmontons Jeff Petry was sent to the box at the same time for embellishment. I was just hoping that we keep it in their zone and have possession of the puck when I came out of the box because its either Petry has 15 feet on me or I have 15 feet on him.Jooris jumped out of the box and took a pass from Hudler before wiring a shot into the top corner, glove side behind Edmonton goalie Ben Scrivens.We needed that two points and the fact that it came against a big rival in Edmonton, its sweeter, said Jooris, who returned to the Calgary lineup after missing the past three games with an upper-body injury. I havent been a part of this rivalry for too long, but you feel it out there. You want to beat them every time.Joe Colborne counted his second and third goals of the season — all against the Oilers — for the Flames (21-15-3).I knew sooner or later they were going to start to go in and its nice to start getting some bounces, said Colborne, who scored his first goal of the season during a 4-1 win over the Oilers at the Saddledome four days earlier. Its especially nice getting them against them, but I wouldnt mind having this success against some other teams, too.Lance Bouma also scored, while Sean Monahan and Curtis Glencross chipped in with two assists each. Making his sixth consecutive start in net for the Flames, goalie Jonas Hiller made 17 saves to improve his record to 13-10-2.Matt Fraser, Jordan Eberle and Andrew Ference scored for the Oilers (8-22-8), while goalie Scrivens stopped 24-of-28 shots he faced in a losing cause.Right now I love our starts, said Eberle, who ended a nine-game goalless drought. I love the way were competing for 40 minutes. It seems like the last two games, weve almost let them come at us and weather the storm and thats not how you win hockey games in this league. You keep going at teams. You continue to play the way that got you the lead.Calgary built up a 5-1 advantage in shots in the first period, but couldnt get any pucks past Scrivens, who made 39 saves one night earlier to backstop the Oilers to a 3-2 shootout win over the L.A. Kings in Edmonton.Edmonton opened the scoring at 16:06 of the first with a power-play goal by Fraser, who was claimed off waivers from the Boston Bruins on Tuesday. Hiller stopped the initial shot by David Perron before Fraser adeptly picked up the puck behind the net and banked it off the Calgary goalie and in.I think this team is pretty fragile right now, said Fraser after the loss. I heard it a long time ago that losing can be contagious and part of that, being a new guy in here coming from an organization like Boston, is youve got to bring that element of your game when youre not content with losing.For myself, Ive got to bring something every night so they can see that I want to be a guy that is a difference maker.The Flames had a great chance to even the score after Edmonton defenceman Keith Aulie was assessed a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct for a hit to the head on Matt Stajan with 54.2 seconds left in the first period.Scrivens stopped a slap shot fired his way by Mark Giordano and then the rebound attempt by Glencross as time expired in the first. Early in the second on the same power play, Colborne tipped Widemans point shot past Scrivens, but the Edmonton goalie recovered in time to smother the puck with his glove before it crossed the goal-line.Eberle gave the Oilers a 2-0 lead at 10:28 of the second when he took a feed from Leon Draisaitl in the slot and lifted a shot over Hillers blocker and into the Calgary net.Colborne pulled the Flames within a goal with a power-play marker at 18:01 of the second when he converted a feed from Monahan.Bouma tied things up at 4:28 of the third when he backhanded a shot from the slot past Scrivens, who stopped the initial shot taken by Paul Byron.Ference then regained the lead for the Oilers when he took a pass from Draisaitl and blasted a low shot from the point past Hiller.The see-saw battle continued when Colborne drove to the net and shovelled a shot through Scrivens legs at 11:55 of the third.Notes: Calgary now has an all-time record of 17-8-3 on games played on New Years Eve. … The Flames improved to 8-11-1 when trailing after two periods. … Mason Raymond was a healthy scratch after failing to record a point in his past 13 games with the Flames. … Hudler extended his point-scoring streak to five straight games. Cheap Air Jordan 6 .TV Series: Duck Dynasty. Discount Air Jordan 6 Sale .C. -- The Carolina Panthers announced Thursday theyve signed free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a two-year contract, helping rebuild a depleted wide receiving corps. http://www.airjordan6uk.com/. -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. Air Jordan 6 Cheap Uk .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Air Jordan 6 Wholesale . Jets head coach Paul Maurice made the announcement Saturday following the morning skate and confirmed Al Montoya will start in goal against the Dallas Stars on Sunday.Preseason is a time for new beginnings - the chance to start afresh with a belief that anything can happen. That was certainly true for Toronto FC as they opened up their training camp in Bradenton last week. The troubles and uncertainties that surrounded the club in recent years have been replaced by a new hope and optimism after an incredible offseason transformation that has included the signings of three new Designated Players, Jermain Defoe, Michael Bradley and Gilberto. I was in Florida for Torontos first training session. The energy and enthusiasm was on a completely different level compared to other years. Perhaps the biggest difference is that the squad has already been assembled and most of the key pieces are already in place. A far cry from a year ago, when Nelsen was heading into his first coaching job with a preseason squad filled with trialists. "Its a wee bit different, Ive got to admit," Ryan Nelsen told me after training in Bradenton. Its nice to have a proper squad together all pulling in the right direction. As you can see by today, the work ethic is there, the character is there and everybody is extremely excited." The difference compared to 12 months earlier is evident in all areas, but especially in personnel. Over half of the squad currently in Florida were not with the team for preseason in 2013. However, Nelsen and the players are talking up the fact that the core of the team that finished the season is still in place. "We havent changed that much, weve probably changed the same as most teams, but weve done it in big names so it makes it even more dramatic. But thats what we had to do with this club. Thats why what we did last year had method in our madness. Weve got some big names and we will have to gel them in, but its a progression and we have to keep moving the club forward." The theme Nelsens rookie season as head coach was "short-term pain for long-term gaiin," and things have now changed quickly.dddddddddddd With multi-million dollar signings amongst a re-shaped squad, expectations are high. But after dealing with a tumultuous first year with the club, Nelsen laughed off the suggestion that there is pressure on him to find a winning formula quickly. "Theres absolutely no pressure," he said. "Whenever you put yourself in a situation where youve brought in good players, everybody else thinks there is expectation but for us we just try and improve every day. In everything we do, we try to become perfect. Whatever people think from outside we dont really care." "I knew the league last year but we didnt have the right pieces to be successful. Now I think we are moving in the right direction, but Im still learning as well. Ill always keep learning. When I stop learning I may as well give up," he said. Theres a new face heavily involved in Torontos training sessions this preseason. Englishman Adrian Lamb has joined the club as Fitness Coach. He has previously worked with Newcastle United, Preston North End and Aston Villa, and he was at Blackburn Rovers during Ryan Nelsens time as a player at Ewood Park. Nelsen told me Lambs preparation and attention to detail is immaculate, and that was easy to see during my time in Bradenton. He has very clear ideas of what he wants from the players and was impressive in the way he communicated to them. Lamb will bring a very professional approach to the teams conditioning this season and will be a key addition to Nelsens staff. In 2013, Toronto FC won just six matches and missed the playoffs by 20 points, but Nelsen and his staff have now been handed the tools they need to turn the ship around. The foundation for success will be laid over the next six weeks, as Nelsen and Co. make sure their team is ready to hit the ground running when the season opens in Seattle on March 15th live on TSN. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ