halif Mitchell (free agent), Marcus Bal

wwllw868

halif Mitchell (free agent), Marcus Bal

Post autor: wwllw868 »

BEREA, Ohio -- Brandon Weeden had a lot to prove. Before his second NFL season began, he had to convince some teammates, a new coaching staff and front office and many skeptical Cleveland fans he deserved to start. He desperately wanted to be their quarterback, the guy. On Tuesday, Weedens efforts were rewarded. Browns coach Rob Chudzinski selected Weeden as his starter, an announcement that erased any uncertainty -- and there wasnt much -- that the second-year QB would be behind centre for the Sept. 8 season opener against Miami. Weeden has spent the past few months doing everything he possibly could to win the job, and he did -- fair and square. "Brandon has earned this," Chudzinski said, "and thats extremely important to me that he did. He has gained my complete trust. He has gained his teammates complete trust and this organizations trust. Were all behind him and well all be behind him to support him." Weeden, who survived a bumpy rookie season, took the news that he had beaten out veteran Jason Campbell in typical stride. Unlike a year ago, when he was essentially anointed as Clevelands No. 1 from the moment he was selected in the first round of the draft, Weeden had to fight for this. He immersed himself in the playbook to learn the Browns new system and performed at a high level during spring practices and summer training camp. If there was any doubt, Weeden removed by completing 18 of 25 passes for 229 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in two preseason games. Case closed. "Ive taken the steps that I needed to take to better myself," Weeden said. "But I have to keep continuing to work, keep continuing to do the things that Ive done all along up until this point to become that player that I want to be. Im not satisfied. I feel like I have a lot of work to do, and thats kind of my mindset moving forward." While there was widespread speculation outside of Clevelands locker room about whether Weeden should remain the starter, the Browns were certain he was up to the challenge. "I cant really say I had any doubt," wide receiver Josh Gordon said. "It seems as though hes the guy whos been here. Hes shown improvement ever since he got here, every day, every week, his commitment and work ethic. Hes definitely stepped up into that leadership role that everybody expects him to be. Hes doing a great job and were glad to have him. "Ive got 100 per cent faith in him." Chudzinski does as well. The 29-year-old Weeden has impressed his coach with every aspect of his game -- on and off the field. "I have been very pleased with how he has gone out," Chudzinski said. "He has taken the opportunity, seized the opportunity and produced. So I have been pleased from that standpoint and I think that he has garnered a lot of respect from, not only me, not only the coaching staff and the organization but from his teammates, as well." Weeden is just the fourth Browns quarterback -- and first since Charlie Frye in 2007 -- to open consecutive seasons as the starter. Tim Couch (2000-01) and Kelly Holcomb (02-03) are the others. "I knew I had to impress the people that ultimately make the decisions," Weeden said. "Thats all 90 of us that are out here. My mindset didnt change. My mindset was getting better focus, just doing the things that I need to do to become a better player." Weeden now believes everyone within the Browns organization has his back. "I do. Absolutely," he said. "I feel like I have the support from players on up." While others wondered if he would succeed, Weeden said self-doubt was never a factor. "Ive always put the pressure on myself that I was going to be the guy," he said. "I was going to do everything I could to be the guy. I cant say that I ever doubted it. My mentality was that I was again going to take the bull by the horns and be the guy and do everything in my power to make it where they had no choice but to name me the guy." Hes the guy. NOTES: Chudzinski said RB Dion Lewis will likely be placed on season-ending injured reserve with a broken leg. Lewis had surgery on Monday to repair the fibula he broke during Thursday nights win over Detroit. ... As expected, LB Barkevious Mingo will sit out Saturdays game at Indianapolis with a bruised lung. Chudzinski said Mingo s medical evaluation "is an ongoing thing." Mingo was spitting up blood on the sideline Thursday night with the unusual injury. The Browns still arent sure when he was injured. Nike Free Shoes On Sale . -- Down to 10 men and behind on the scoreboard, Toronto FC displayed its perseverance. Cheap Nike Free Ireland . LaQuinton Ross scored 17 of his 20 points in the first half, hitting his first four 3-pointers, to send No. http://www.nikefreeireland.com/. -- Andy Granatelli, the former CEO of STP motor oil company who made a mark on motorsports as a car owner, innovator and entrepreneur, has died. Nike Free Ireland . In a matchup of teams battling head-to-head for the final playoff spot in Major League Soccers Western Conference, the Whitecaps run to the post-season took a hard hit when FC Dallas blew open a tie game with two goals in the final minutes for a 3-1 victory Saturday night. Nike Free Wholesale . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground.It could be a two-for-one bargain. When the Toronto Argonauts signed Shea Emry to a free agent deal in February, they did so expecting him to be an impact player on the field. If he plays to his ability, theres no question hell provide them with quality production from his linebacker position. Theres another intangible he hopes to provide the double blue with as well; leadership. Emry was at the Argos office in downtown Toronto on Tuesday, where he told TSN.ca that he considers himself someone who is comfortable in that role, and is cognizant of the opportunity that exists for him to become a leader among Boatmen. "I consider myself to be (a leader)," said Emry. "I want to be considered as one by my teammates and I want to consider my teammates to be guys that can lead me. Everyone has their down moments, everyones got their plays they mess up and you need a team thats going to pull together." Appropriate words from the newcomer, as Pull Together has been the Argos motto for decades. Theres an opportunity for the 2012 East Division Outstanding Canadian to make an immediate impact in a leadership capacity because there have been several veteran Boatmen who have jumped ship. Does that present an opportunity for Emry to immerse himself into a leadership role more quickly than he could if it was a team with its defensive core returning? "Possibly. Theres a lot of turnover going on on the defensive side of the ball with Khalif Mitchell (free agent), Marcus Ball (New Orleans) and Pat Watkins (Edmonton)," Emry continued. "Its tough because theyre three really, really good players. Stepping into a defence that Ive already played in for a coach that Ive already played for (new defensive coordinator Tim Burke), thats going to be a benefit for me beccause I know how they work and a dynamic between us already exists.dddddddddddd I can be a liaison between the young players and the coaches." The Richmond, B.C. native has already made a decision that should endear him to his new team, but may cause some eyebrow-raising within his family. The linebackers brother is getting married June 1, the same day as the first on-field sessions of training camp. Will Emry be a member of the wedding party? No, hell be on the field at York University for the rigors of two-a-days. "Its a pretty bad situation for me to be in," Emry admitted. "For the family, it doesnt make anyone feel good, but its the decision that I needed to make for the integrity of the person that I want to be as a football player and as a professional." This is not the first time that nuptials and football have butted heads in the family. Emry also missed his sisters wedding, which happened during his rookie season in Montreal. It wont make missing his brothers ceremony any easier, but making a good impression on his new team is that important to him. "If this was Montreal and I was sitting here taking to a Montreal reporter, we wouldnt be having this conversation because I would go (to the wedding)," he confided to TSN.ca. "But this is my first year here and I have a responsibility to give it my best and take every opportunity to make a difference on this club." Emry did not try on the new jersey, but held it up for photographers. Did the former Alouette like seeing his name on the uniform of a former rival? "It made it real for me," said Emry. "It was super exciting and it was quite a shock to be honest with you. Im very excited about it." To be honest with Emry, so are Argonaut fans. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ