e on loan.The ongoing partners

wwllw868

e on loan.The ongoing partners

Post autor: wwllw868 »

NIMES, France -- Almost at the line, Jack Bauer and Martin Elmiger were exhausted but could see it coming -- their first Tour de France stage victory. Those last 50 metres, however, got in the way. A bunch of sprinters leading the pack came speeding like a runaway train and plowed past the huffing breakaway duo in the final milliseconds. Stage 15 belonged to Norwegian speedster Alexander Kristoff, his second stage victory in this Tour. The 138-mile (222-kilometre) stage went smoothly for overall leader Vincenzo Nibali of Italy. He made sure his main rivals couldnt claw back any time, and he kept his yellow jersey by finishing in the trailing pack. After two days in the Alps, Sundays stage offered some relief over a flat course from Tallard, southeast Frances parachuting capital, toward Nimes, known for its Roman arena and bullfighting. More relief comes Monday -- a second rest day. This ride showed yet again on the Tour how mighty efforts so often go unrewarded. Bauer is a New Zealander who had a better shot of holding off the sprinters than Swiss champion Elmiger. Bauer dropped his bike after the finish line, sat on the ground and cupped his face in his hands, crying. They had led nearly from the starters gun. "Its a fantasy for any cyclist to win a stage at the Tour and especially for a Kiwi cyclist, not many of us turn professional and not many of us get a chance to start the Tour de France," Bauer said. The 29-year-old rider came to the Tour to help Garmin-Sharp leader Andrew Talansky, who dropped out before Stage 12 because of injuries from an earlier crash. The pack perfectly timed its move on the breakaway duo and proved too strong. Bauer was pedaling with his last remaining strength, and when he looked back a last time they were already zooming by. He finished in 10th place, with Elmiger 16th. "I really gave it absolutely everything, and as you can see from my meltdown at the finish I was pretty disappointed to come away empty-handed," Bauer added, noting hes usually a support rider. "I thought I had it, but then I realized in the last 50 metres that I had nothing." The Swiss rider with IAM Cycling took it more in stride. This, after all, wasnt the first breakaway to fail in this Tour. "I am not disappointed because I actually did not have the best legs today," Elmiger said. "Being caught by the pack is not so bad when you are convinced you have given everything. As I have already said three times this Tour after breaks have failed, one of these days the wheels will turn in my favour." Kristoff, a Katusha rider who also won Stage 12, sighed in relief. "It was a little bit late for comfort. It was very close," he said. "I thought I would be second. ... We turned on the gas." "Of course, thats a pity for them, but I dont feel sorry for them," he said. "Normally, the break should never have had a chance, but they did. They were really strong guys. ... That must have been really hard." With about 12 miles (20 kilometres) left, rain briefly doused the riders, though skies brightened by the end. A series of roundabouts and leg fatigue among the sprinters after the Alpine stages gave an advantage to the breakaway pair until the final seconds. Nibali kept his main rivals for the Tour title at bay. He leads Spains Alejandro Valverde by 4:37 while Romain Bardet of France is third, 4:50 behind. American Tejay van Garderen is fifth, 5:49 back. Nibali, the leader of Kazakh team Astana, is in good shape to take the yellow jersey when the three-week race ends next Sunday in Paris. Some of his closest rivals have already said the race is now for second place. The Italian has shown savvy -- gaining time on cobblestone patches in Stage 2 -- and nearly insurmountable dominance on high climbs. He won Stage 13s entree into the Alps and was second a day later, also in the snow-capped mountains. On Sunday, Nibali showed he wasnt leaving any chances to his rivals. With about 39 miles (65 kilometres) left, he sped out of the pack and briefly took the lead. "At that moment, there was a lot of side wind," he said. "I really didnt want to miss the good opportunity and try to move up into position ... because when theres wind, you have to be at the front." More grueling climbs loom in the Pyrenees this week before the only individual time trial of this Tour on Saturday. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 Nz Cheap .com) - It appears both the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls will reach the playoffs, but the two squads are coming off losing efforts. Jordan 1 Retro Sale Nz .com) - Brad Stuart has yet to play a regular-season game for the Colorado Avalanche, but that didnt deter the club from signing the veteran defenseman to a two-year contract extension on Monday. http://www.cheapairjordan1nz.com/. Coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Nz Online . But Paul Osbaldiston, Hamiltons assistant special teams and kicking coach, said the team still relished the championship game workout. Cheap Authentic Jordan 1 Nz . Cilic cruised to victory, beating the seventh-seeded Seppi 6-1, 6-3 in just 72 minutes. He faced only one break point, winning 24 out of 29 points played on the first serve.West Brom have joined forces with Delhi Dynamos in a first-of-its-kind partnership between a Premier League club and an Indian Super League League side. The clubs will work in collaboration with the UK Trade and Industry, the New Delhi government and the University of Wolverhampton on a grassroots initiative taking football to children at more than 2,000 schools in the wider Delhi region. A select group of students from the university will join West Brom coaches in travelling to India where they will also help build the technical expertise of local coaches. The initiative feeds into Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modis vision to take football to every village in the country as India gears up towards hosting next years FIFA U17 World Cup. Adil Nabi played in the Indian Super League last season West Brom worked with Delhi last season when former England youth international Adil Nabi joined the Dynamos, becoming the first Premier League player in history to move directly to the Indian Super League on loan.The ongoing partnership between the two teams also saw them cross-promote one another at their home grounds last season.Delhi promoted the signing of ex-Chelsea winger Florent Malouda - who played in the Indian capital last term - on the digital perimeter boards during last seasons Monday Night Football clash with Manchester City at the Hawthorns. John Arne Riise also played in the Indian capital last term Delhi returned the favour by promoting the Baggies across their 60,000 capacity arena at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, the primary venue for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.ddddddddddddWe are delighted to team up once again with West Brom on this ground-breaking initiative, Delhi Dynamos president Prashant Agarwal told Sky Sports.At Delhi Dynamos we have shown a great deal of ambition by bringing some of the household names of world football to the club in the past such as Roberto Carlos, Alessandro Del Piero, John Arne Riise and Florent Malouda.But ultimately we want to develop homegrown talent who can go and become the next household name in world football. To do that you need to develop football at the grassroots level. A tree cannot grow without strong roots. Roberto Carlos was Delhi Dynamos player-manager last year West Brom sales and marketing director Adrian Wright added: We want to establish a legacy that leaves a lasting impression on Delhi and India. It should be a legacy that extols the values of West Bromwich Albion and of course hopefully brings new fans to our attention.But we are also developing our relationship with Delhi Dynamos all the time and our message is clear. Were there to stay and want to help football develop and through that improve the health and well-being of thousands of youngsters whose lives we can genuinely hope to change for the better. Also See: West Brom video West Brom fixtures West Brom stats Get a £10 free bet! China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ