d. He plays the game hard night in a

wwllw868

d. He plays the game hard night in a

Post autor: wwllw868 »

TORONTO - When the Toronto Maple Leafs brought Stephane Robidas in for a free-agent visit over the summer, team brass told the veteran defenceman what they envisioned him doing if he signed.In his role, we felt that he would be a guy that could provide leadership, not only to our younger players but some of our older players, coach Randy Carlyle said. He can share minutes and he can make a contribution (more than) on the ice.On Wednesday, Carlyle told Robidas that would include wearing an A on his chest as one of the teams alternate captains along with Joffrey Lupul. Robidas replaces Jay McClement to complete the leadership group with captain Dion Phaneuf.Leadership was a major question late last season when the Leafs lost 12 of the final 14 games to fall out of playoff contention. The 37-year-old Robidas, who wasnt around to be scarred by that collapse, brings a respected voice in the locker-room.Thats what hes done all his career, so we dont look at it that were asking him to do something hes not comfortable doing, Carlyle said.The Leafs made a significant commitment to Robidas on July 1 by inking him to a US$9-million, three-year deal even though he was still working to get back from a broken leg suffered during the playoffs. Hes expected to be on the first defensive pairing alongside Phaneuf, at least to start the season.I think that he adds a lot to our team, Phaneuf said. He plays the game hard night in and night out, hes very smart. ... Hes good with the puck in tight areas, he makes real good short plays in the defensive zone to relieve pressure.Off the ice, Robidas already seems well-liked by his new teammates. He played in just one exhibition game, the final one, but hes a go-to voice in the room.It shows a lot of confidence in me, Robidas said of being named an alternate captain. Its something that I dont need the A to be a leader and you dont need letters to be a leader. (Its) something that I take pride in. I just want to be myself. Im not going to come in and change everything. Im just going to play like I can play and be myself.Robidas has credited Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien for helping him develop when he was a young player. Therrien coached Robidas in the AHL for three years with the Fredericton Canadiens and Quebec Citadelles.All the credit goes to him because he had passion, he had character and hes such a good person, Therrien said. He was a great warrior on the ice. For a small player, he played really hard and thats the reason why he made it to the NHL and he ended up having a great career.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Puma Shoes Clearance Sale . Hes still nowhere close to throwing yet. The four-time MVP was in good spirits when he made his first public appearance on the field since having neck surgery Sept. Puma Shoes Online Sale . -- Conor Casey scored two goals, his first of the season, as the Philadelphia Union beat Chivas USA 3-0 on Saturday night. http://www.clearancepuma.com/. Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Cheap Puma Shoes China . The deal will pay Hainsey $3 million for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons and $2.5 million in 2016-17. Puma Shoes Discount Sale Online . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night.Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Chicago White Sox reinstated first baseman Jose Abreu from the 15-day disabled list Monday. Abreu landed on the disabled list with tendinitis in his left ankle on May 18 after establishing major-league rookie records for home runs (10), RBI (32), extra-base hits (19) and total bases (71) through April. In 44 games this season, Abreu is hitting .260 with 11 doubles, 15 home runs, 42 RBI, and 29 runs scored. He led the majorrs in homers and was second in RBI at the time of his injury.dddddddddddd The 27-year-old Cuban slugger became the second player ever to win AL Player of the Month and Rookie of the Month in his first month in the majors during April. Fellow countryman Yasiel Puig of the Dodgers was the first in June 2013. Abreu takes the spot of infielder Marcus Semien, who was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte following Sundays 4-1 victory over San Diego. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ