nings in the debut for his fifth

wwllw868

nings in the debut for his fifth

Post autor: wwllw868 »

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Adrian Beltre had the big hits after Texas manager Ron Washington made the right call on replay twice in a matter of minutes. Beltre singled home Shin-Soo Choo with the game winner in the ninth inning, drove in his new teammate with a tying double in the seventh, and the Rangers saved a run on a successful replay challenge in a 3-2 victory against the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night. "The system worked today," Beltre said. It worked with a little help from Washingtons instincts during Philadelphias two-run sixth inning. His first big decision was not to challenge a play at third when Jim Joyce called Cesar Hernandez safe on a sacrifice bunt by Ben Revere. Washington came out to talk to the crew chief but didnt challenge. Replay showed the call was correct. Moments later, Revere was called safe at second base by Cory Blaser on a pickoff attempt by Martin Perez. Washington asked for the review, which showed second baseman Donnie Murphys glove on Reveres back as he caught the ball before a diving Reveres hand was back on the bag. Revere would have scored on Ryan Howards double later in the inning, but instead only Jimmy Rollins came home for a 2-0 lead. Rollins broke the scoreless tie with a single. "From my vantage point, I thought he had him, really," Washington said. So did Murphy. "I knew that I caught the ball at the same time I was tagging him," Murphy said. "I had a gut feeling that he wasnt at the base yet. I think maybe what happened I blocked out the umpire a little bit just because of how the throw was." Choo reached base for the fourth time on a four-pitch walk to start the ninth against Phillies left-hander Mario Hollands (0-1), who was making his major league debut. After Elvis Andrus sacrifice bunt and walk to Prince Fielder on a full count, Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg went to right-hander B.J. Rosenberg. Beltre singled softly to right-centre field, scoring Choo without a throw. "Yeah, thats a tough spot for him," Sandberg said of Hollands. "I thought he showed his stuff actually even though he walked two guys. He threw some effective pitches to Fielder there, might have been one strike away from getting him out." New Texas closer Joakim Soria got the win with a perfect ninth inning in his season debut. Mitch Morelands single got the Rangers within 2-1 in the sixth, and Beltre had a tying double with two outs in the seventh to score Choo, who had two singles and was hit by a pitch before his ninth-inning walk. "It was nice to get that win coming from behind and now the chance to win the series," Beltre said. Perez had seven strikeouts through five shutout innings but didnt make it through the sixth, giving up hits to four of the six batters he faced in the inning. Howard batted fifth for the Phillies, snapping a streak of 665 straight regular-season starts as the cleanup hitter dating to June 29, 2008, also against the Rangers. He went 1 for 4 with two strikeouts, including one with two runners on in the eighth inning after the Rangers intentionally walked Marlon Byrd. Philadelphias A.J. Burnett left with a 2-1 lead after six innings in the debut for his fifth team covering 16 seasons. The 37-year-old right-hander gave up seven hits with two walks and three strikeouts. NOTES: Rangers RHP Colby Lewis threw 92 pitches in a minor league exhibition game for Frisco as he continues his comeback from hip surgery. He gave up five runs in 5 1-3 innings. ... The Rangers tweeted an apology after a picture circulated from opening day showing dozens of empty beer cans and bottles at the base of a statue honouring Shannon Stone, the firefighter who died in a fall at the Rangers home stadium in 2011. The team said the debris was removed "in a timely manner but it should not have been allowed to be placed there in the first place. Puma Scarpe Sito Ufficiale . MacLean clocked 8:24.91 seconds, eclipsing the previous mark of 8:27.59 set by Brittany Reimer of Victoria at the 2005 FINA World Championships in Montreal. MacLean and Tabitha Baumann of Ottawa -- second in 8:32.37 -- both went under the qualifying standard to be nominated to the Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacific teams. Scarpe Puma Uomo Scontate . Crawford hit his slam off Pirates starter Edinson Volquez to give San Francisco a four run lead in the fourth and they never looked back. Brandon Belt had three runs batted in as well. Bumgarner pitched all nine innings and allowed just four hits. http://www.pumascontate.it/. -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. Puma Scarpe In Offerta . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No. Zalando Puma Scarpe . Iwakuma pitched seven strong innings to stay unbeaten in road games since last July, leading the Seattle Mariners to a 5-2 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night.CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs have hired 2002 AL Rookie of the Year Eric Hinske as their first base coach. The 36-year-old Hinske played 12 seasons in the majors. He came up with Toronto and later played in three straight World Series, winning championships with Boston in 2007 and the New York Yankees in 2009. HHe also played for Tampa Bay (2008), Pittsburgh (2009), Atlanta (2010-12) and Arizona (2013), finishing with a .dddddddddddd249 batting average, 137 home runs and 522 RBIs. Hinske was a 17th-round draft pick by the Cubs in 1998. The move announced Tuesday completes new manager Rick Renterias staff. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ