hat scored a sliding Gomes and snapped Balti

wwllw868

hat scored a sliding Gomes and snapped Balti

Post autor: wwllw868 »

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens are still adjusting to NHL play after a nearly three-week Olympic layoff. And it showed Thursday night. The Canadiens, playing in their second game in as many days, however, got a good performance in the end from their backup goaltender as he filled in for an injured Olympic gold medallist . Peter Budaj stopped all three shooters in the shootout and David Desharnais scored the only goal, leading the Canadiens to a wild 6-5 victory. "He battled back in the second and third and in the shootout he was outstanding," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said of Budaj. Budaj, in his second straight start for injured starter Carey Price, stopped Penguins shooters James Neal and Sidney Crosby before denying Evgeni Malkins slap shot for the win. Desharnais, the third shooter for Montreal, slammed on the brakes at the top of the crease before sliding the puck by Marc-Andre Fleury. "I would like to have some goals back, but we scored five goals against Pittsburgh," Budaj said. "We have to learn from the mistakes we made. We have to keep going and getting better." Daniel Briere scored twice, once on the power play, and Max Pacioretty also scored with the man advantage, his 27th of the year. Brendan Gallagher netted his 15th for the Canadiens and Alexei Emelin also scored his second of the season. Budaj, who stopped 27 shots, made his second straight start after turning aside 28 shots during an overtime loss one day earlier against Detroit. "You can tell the bench guys wanted to battle back for him because he certainly worked hard," Therrien said. He filled in for Price, who was named the top goaltender at the Olympic games after going 5-0 with a 0.59 goals-against average and two shutouts, leading Team Canada to a gold medal. Price, who aggravated a lower-body injury sustained in Sochi, will be re-evaluated Friday. "Credit to the team because they stuck with it, they battled for me and we got the two points," Budaj said. Crosby, who leads the NHL with 80 points, scored his 29th and added an assist. Neal scored his 21st for his 300th career point and also had an assist, while Malkin provided two assists, both extending six-game point streaks. Olli Maatta scored his seventh of the season on the power play and had an assist, while Brandon Sutter had a short-handed goal, his 10th of the year. Deryk Engelland also scored his career-high fifth goal. "We worked hard," Crosby said. "It was a little sloppy, and a lot of special teams. ... Probably a tough first one for everybody to get into." The teams were tied at 3 after two periods and both scored twice in the third, sending the game to overtime. Three of the four third-period goals were scored by special teams units, Sutter giving the Penguins a 4-3 lead with a short-handed breakaway goal and Crosby later putting Pittsburgh ahead 5-4 on the power play. Emelin tied it 24 seconds after Sutter gave the Penguins the initial lead and Briere sent the game to overtime with his second goal of the game. With the Canadiens trailing, the Penguins Tanner Glass was issued a five-minute major for a hit on Emelin. The call was elbowing, but video replays showed Emelins stick came up and hit him in the head. "Thats why I kind of followed through the way I did, to get his stick away from my face," Glass said. "Its a hockey play, it happens. I can understand why he made the call." The Canadiens cashed in anyway, Briere tying it with his second of the game when he feathered a back-door rebound behind Fleury, who made 24 saves. NOTES: Penguins D Kris Letang spoke with reporters Thursday morning, the first time since suffering a stroke and said he will likely play hockey again, but its unclear if he will return this season. ... Paul Martin, out 4-to-6 weeks after breaking his hand in the Olympics, was scratched along with recently recalled D Simon Despres. ... Price, C Ryan White, and D Francis Bouillon were scratched for Montreal. ... Penguins F Jussi Jokinen recorded his 400th career point. Discount Yeezy Shop . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Wholesale Yeezy Shoes . Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema scored two goals each Wednesday night in a 6-1 rout of Schalke in the first leg of their second-round matchup. "We played a very, very good match," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "We got well into the match, scored two early goals and that opened the game and left us able to counter and to use the speed of our players. http://www.wholesaleyeezy.com/. Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. Authentic Yeezy Outlet .com) - Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Edwin Encarnacion has been named the American League Player of the Week for the period ending May 11. Cheap Yeezys Real BOSTON -- Nelson Cruz watched his fifth hit fall into the gap in left-centre field and was determined to leg out a triple for the cycle. "I had to try and see what happened," Cruz said, smiling. "I dont remember the last time I hit a triple." Cruz was thrown out, but it was the only thing he did wrong on a night he went a career-best 5 for 5 to help the Baltimore Orioles beat the Boston Red Sox 7-4 on Saturday to earn a split of a day-night doubleheader. "Im glad they didnt hit the first cutoff guy, at least it was close," manager Buck Showalter said of Cruz, who added a solo home run and a bad-hop single in the sixth inning that scored the go-ahead run. "Guys were screaming at me to do the replay (challenge)." The Red Sox won the opener 3-2 on pinch-hitter Jonathan Herreras one-out, broken-bat RBI single off T.J. McFarland in the bottom of the ninth. "I was taking some swings in the cage," a smiling Herrera said after the Red Sox snapped a three-game skid with their six last at-bat win of the season. "I was ready for that at-bat." Nick Hundley added a two-run homer in the second game as Baltimore overcame Boston starter John Lackeys 11 strikeouts over 5 2-3 innings. "Thats about as good stuff as Ive had all year and Im trying to figure what happened to give up five runs," Lackey said. Stephen Drew homered in both games for the Red Sox, who have lost four of five. Drew hadnt homered since Bostons World Series clinching Game 6 win in October. Brad Bach (3-0) and four other Baltimore relievers combined to shut down Boston on one hit in the second game after Ubaldo Jimenez gave up four runs, five hits with six walks while getting 11 outs. "Hes just inconsistent," Showalter said. "Its frustrating, because his stuff is there." While third baseman Manny Machado went 2 for 5 in the nightcap in his return from his five-game suspension for throwing a bat during a June 8 game against Oakland, Cruz carried Baltimore after a heartbreaking opening loss. Cruz doubleed, singled, hit his 27th home run, and finally chased Lackey with a single that took a big hop off the lip in front of third base in a three-run sixth.dddddddddddd Cruz doubled into the gap off Edward Mujica in the eighth, but was cut down at third on a relay throw from Drew. His average jumped to .286. "I tried one last year and I got thrown out at third, too," said Cruz, who last tripled in 2011. "Its why I dont try it." Lackey (9-6) was charged with five runs and 10 hits, a much different outing than Boston got in the opener. Jon Lester gave up two unearned runs, struck out seven and walked none in eight innings, but was denied his 10th win due to shoddy defence and poor hitting. After closer Koji Uehara (4-2) pitched a perfect ninth to keep it 2-2, manager John Farrell went to his bench. Pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes legged out a leadoff infield single off McFarland (1-2). David Ross bunted Gomes to second before Herrera, hitting for Jackie Bradley Jr., dropped a blooper to right that scored a sliding Gomes and snapped Baltimores four-game winning streak. Drew, re-signed in May, came in hitting .136. He hit a solo shot in the opener and his two-run homer in the second game off Jimenez came in a four-run fourth that put the Red Sox ahead 4-2. "I knew it was going to be a little different, not being in this position before," Drew said. "Im not making excuses, it just takes a little time. Its going to come around." NOTES: Boston DH David Ortiz went 1 for 4 in the nightcap after missing the opener to attend his daughters graduation in the Dominican Republic. ... The Red Sox committed five errors on the day. ... Orioles RHP Bud Norris (groin) threw a simulated game after the opener. Showalter said he was pleased and he could start Tuesday or Wednesday. . Farrell said OF Shane Victorino (hamstring, back) could begin another rehabilitation assignment in a few days. . The Orioles planned to recall RHP Kevin Gausman from Triple-A Norfolk to start Sundays series finale against Jake Peavy. ' ' '
vova.borshchevskiy

Биржа Фриланса

Post autor: vova.borshchevskiy »

Магазин фриланс-услуг
ПОКУПАЙТЕ И ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
УСЛУГИ БЕЗ КОМИССИИ ЗА СДЕЛКУ https://schen.ru/
ODPOWIEDZ