nt control. "I need to focus on myself and making

wwllw868

nt control. "I need to focus on myself and making

Post autor: wwllw868 »

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Toronto Blue Jays will play their next eight games on the road, starting with Tuesdays opener of a three-game series against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium. The Blue Jays were able to snap a four-game losing streak with Sundays 7-1 win over the Boston Red Sox in the finale of a three-game series at Rogers Centre. Brett Lawrie hit a solo home run and drove in two, while Edwin Encarnacion ended with two doubles and two RBI. Melky Cabrera was 2-for-4 with an RBI for the Jays, who gave starting pitcher R.A. Dickey enough run support. The right-handed knuckleballer limited the rival Red Sox to a run on five hits in 6 1/3 innings with six strikeouts and no walks. "When I have one to two to zero walks, its usually going to be a pretty good day, and thats what I need to get back to, and like I said, today was a good step in that direction," said Dickey, who won for the first time since April 5 and is 2-3 on the season. Steve Delabar and Esmil Rogers combined to throw 2 2/3 scoreless innings of relief. Dustin McGowan draws the start for the Blue Jays Tuesday and he is 1-1 in four starts with a lofty 6.88 ERA. He has posted back-to-back no-decisions and was reached for six runs in four innings of last Wednesdays 10-8 loss to Baltimore. McGowan has allowed nine runs over the past two outings and is 1-1 with a 2.30 ERA in four career meetings (2 starts) with the Royals. Kansas City is home for the next six games versus Toronto and Detroit, and hopes to build on a strong offensive performance Tuesday night. The Royals took two of three meetings in Baltimore over the weekend and closed the set with Sundays 9-3 pounding of the Orioles. Omar Infante hit a two-run homer to highlight a four-run seventh inning and finished with six RBI. "Hes a tremendous offensive performer and definitely the star of the day today for us," Royals manager Ned Yost said about Infante. Alex Gordon had two RBI and Norichika Aoki collected two hits and three runs scored. Royals starting pitcher James Shields got the win and held the Orioles to a pair of runs and three hits in seven innings of work. He is 3-2 on the season. Jason Vargas will follow Shields in the Kansas City rotation and is 2-0 with a 1.54 earned run average through five starts. Vargas did not receive a decision in last Wednesdays 5-3 loss at Cleveland and lasted six innings, allowing three runs (2 earned) and six hits. Vargas, a left-hander, was coming off seven scoreless innings versus Minnesota on April 18 and is 2-0 with a 1.54 ERA in five outings. Vargas hasnt pitched well in his career against the Blue Jays and is 1-3 in six starts with a 5.67 ERA. Toronto won four of six games against Kansas City a year ago and is 10-4 in the past 14 matchups between the two clubs. Mitch Haniger Jersey . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start. Ben Gamel Jersey . The Blue Jackets got goals from Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno, Boone Jenner and R.J. Umberger and Curtis McElhinney posted his first shutout since 2011 in a 4-0 victory on Friday night. http://www.marinersrookiestore.com/Mari ... ds-Jersey/. The Bulls seem to be getting along fine without him. D.J. Augustin scored 27 points in a start for Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson matched a career high with 26 filling in for Carlos Boozer as the Bulls improved to 7-2 since trading the popular Deng with a 98-87 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. Dee Gordon Jersey . Chris Johnson singled with two outs off left-hander Jerry Blevins (1-1), and Schafer pinch ran. With a 2-2 count, Schafer ran on the pitch and Upton dropped a single in front of Bryce Harper. Schafer already was rounding third when Schafer bobbled the ball. Jay Buhner Jersey . "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem.JOLIET, Ill. -- Just when it appeared Kyle Busch couldnt be any stronger in a Nationwide Series race, he broke the record for most laps led on a 1.5-mile track in a Nationwide race in winning the Dollar General 300 race at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday. Starting from the pole, Busch went on to lead 195 of the events 200 laps, eclipsing the record of 194 laps led the late Dale Earnhardt set at Charlotte in 1986. "It was just a great day with a phenomenal race car," said Busch, who earned his 10th win in 20 Nationwide races this season, tied for second-most wins in a single season on NASCARs junior circuit. Busch holds the record for most Nationwide wins in a season, 13 in 2010. Busch jumped out from the opening green flag and never looked back, widening his lead to seven-plus seconds at one point. No other drivers were able to mount a serious threat as Busch excelled in every aspect of the game, earning his fifth perfect driver rating of the season. It was Buschs 61st career win in 264 career Nationwide Series starts, and his 123rd overall win across all three of NASCARs top racing series. Busch also won Fridays Camping World Truck Series race and will go for a second career weekend sweep in Sundays opener of the 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Busch previously won races in all three series on the same weekend at Bristol (Tenn.) in August 2010. Busch will start Sundays Geico 400 from the 12th position. He was seventh-fastest in Saturdays morning practice, but dropped to 19th in the final practice later in the afternoon. "Not as good as Id like them to be," Busch said when asked about his chances for a sweep. "Its going to be a bit of a challenge. I think well be a top-10 car. . Well just have to push hard and see if we can achieve the trifecta." Joey Logano was runner-up to Busch Saturday, followed by Sam Hornish Jr., Austin Dillon and Dalee Earnhardt Jr.dddddddddddd Brian Vickers, Matt Kenseth, Parker Kligerman, Kevin Harvick and Nelson Piquet Jr. rounded out the top 10 "I was hoping for a green-white-checker because that would have been the only way Id have been able to beat (Busch)," Logano said. The top four drivers in the Nationwide standings remained in the same position they had coming into the race. Hornish Jr. leads the standings, now 17 points ahead of Austin Dillon. Regan Smith remained in third (36 points back), followed by Elliott Sadler (44). "We gained one (point in the standings) and thats what we need to continue to be able to do," Hornish said. "Were doing a good job and at this point of the season, for perhaps the last 15 races, Ive tried not to focus on it (the championship) because its something I cant control. "I need to focus on myself and making sure we race right around the other people were trying to beat for the championship and to run smart. Its good forward progress. We just need to take a little bit bigger step the next time." Each of the remaining drivers in the top 10 all moved up one spot in the season rankings after Saturdays race: Brian Vickers is fifth (56 behind), followed by Brian Scott (72), Trevor Bayne (82), rookie Kyle Larson (110), Parker Kligerman (153) and rookie Alex Bowman (221). Larson started 39th Saturday but worked his way up as high as third. A tire that began rubbing on the 165th lap caused Larson to spin out and hit the wall 10 laps later, ending his chances of catching Busch. Larson finished 32nd. NOTES: Kenny Wallace finished 17th in his 900th career start across all three series: Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World. . Eric McClure finished 25th after missing the last four races due to acute renal failure a month ago. . Maryeve Dufault made her second career Nationwide start and first on an oval, finishing 31st. ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ