ely going in to start," said Davis, wh

wwllw868

ely going in to start," said Davis, wh

Post autor: wwllw868 »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals ace James Shields is open to staying in Kansas City beyond this season. That news should make the thousands of fans, already flying high over the teams strong finish a year ago, feel even better as they turned out for their annual FanFest on Friday. The Royals exercised their $13.5 million option on Shieldss contract shortly after going 86-76 last season, their best finish since 1989. The durable right-hander was a big reason behind the success, going 13-9 with a 3.15 ERA in an American League-leading 228.2 innings. Shields told a small group of reporters at Bartle Hall that he was willing to discuss an extension, but he said those talks with general manager Dayton Moore have not taken place. "Id definitely be open-minded to it," Shields said. "A player in my position, where I have one more year left before free agency, I mean, Im definitely open to it. I like Kansas City. I like the organization and I like the direction were going." If Shields went to the open market, its unlikely that the Royals would be a player in the chase. There were reports this off-season that he would seek a contract similar to that of former Royals star Zack Greinke, who signed a $147 million, six-year deal with the Dodgers last season. "Thats absolutely not true at all," Shields said. "I have no clue where he got that from, to be honest with you. Ive had no discussions with Dayton at all. "If Dayton wants to talk about it, Im more than willing to sit and talk about it. But during the season, my main focus is trying to win games and get some wins for this team." Pitchers and catchers are due to report to Surprise, Ariz., for the start of spring training on Feb. 14. The first full-squad workout is Feb. 20. Most of the Royals key pieces return from last season, when they contended into September for the first time in a decade. Their two biggest holes were filled by trading reliever Will Smith to Milwaukee for right field Norichika Aoki and signing Omar Infante to solidify second base. "I didnt think our defence could get any better," Shields said, "but theyre definitely filling some holes that we had. And theyre great additions to our lineup." Then theres the starting rotation, where Ervin Santana has become a free agent. While the right-hander has yet to sign elsewhere, the Royals appeared to move on when they signed left-hander Jason Vargas to a contract early in the off-season. Along with Jeremy Guthrie, the first three spots in the rotation are set. That leaves two up for grabs among a handful of candidates, including starters-turned-relievers Wade Davis and Luke Hochevar, veteran Bruce Chen, left-hander Danny Duffy and flame-thrower Yordano Ventura. "Ive just been working hard, resting my arm," said Ventura, who had a 3.52 ERA in three late-season starts in Kansas City. "Ive just been getting ready because I want to get out there and make the team." That doesnt figure to be an easy task given the glut of competition. "Its a competitive game anyway," Davis said. "Why not do it from within a little bit?" Davis said that he spent the off-season in the weight room, and pronounced himself more ready for this season than any previous year. He also said that hes already been throwing some bullpen sessions, giving him a head start on reporting for spring training. "Im definitely going in to start," said Davis, who began last season in the rotation but was demoted to the bullpen when he proved ineffective. "Hopefully I get that opportunity." Cheap Air Max 1 China .ca. Mr. Fraser, I think everyone would like to hear your opinion on what sort of suspension Zac Rinaldo should get. His comment after the game of I changed the whole game, man. Discount Air Max 1 . A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published Friday said that FIFAs disputes panel and the Court of Arbitration for Sport correctly imposed the sanction for Nantes enticing Guinea forward Ismael Bangoura to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012. http://www.airmax1wholesale.com/. Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. Cheap Wholesale Air Max 1 . -- Orleans Darkwa ran in from 1 yard with 1:45 left, and the Miami Dolphins rallied from two scores down in the final minutes to beat the Dallas Cowboys 25-20 on Saturday night. Air Max 1 Wholesale . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good.College Park, MD (SportsNetwork.com) - Dez Wells totaled 17 points and eight rebounds, as No. 14 Maryland shook off a challenge from Rutgers and posted a 73-65 victory on Wednesday. Jake Layman picked up 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Terrapins (16-2, 4-1 Big Ten), who have won two in a row since losing at Illinois. Jared Nickens added 12 points as well, while Melo Trimble finished with 11 points, five rebounds and four assists. Myles Mack poured in a game-high 19 points for the Scarlet Knights (10-8, 2-3), who have dropped three of their last five. Bishop Daniels and Mike Williams each had 12 points in a losing cause. Malick Kone split a pair from the line with 3:52 left and Rutgers pulled into a 62-62 tie, the games seventh and final deadlock. Evan Smotrycz followed with two free throws and after Greg Lewis hit 1-of-2 from the line, Nickens connected from long range for a four-point spread. Layman added two more from the line and Maryland was up 69-63 with 1:19 showing. Daniels made his two free attempts, then Wells added two more at the charity stripe, and a Daniels turnover resulted in a Trimble free throw and 72-65 score in the final 65 seconds. Rutgers was up 8-0 early, but Maryland countered with 10 straight thanks to Trimble and Wells cconnecting from beyond the arc.dddddddddddd The hosts gained separation with an 11-3 run late in the first half. Down 22-20, Layman began the clip with a triple and added a dunk on the next trip down the floor. Nickens then contributed back-to-back treys and the Terps were up 31-25 with 2:03 left. It was 38-31 at the break following two Trimble free throws. Eleven in a row from the Scarlet Knights early in the second half put them up 42-38 on a Lewis layup, and that lead grew to 49-43 on a slam from Kadeem Jack less than six minutes in. The Terps then twice closed within a point but couldnt get over the hump: pulling to 49-48 on a Smotrycz layup and 52-51 on a Jon Graham bucket. Junior Etois shot with 7:27 on the clock gave Rutgers a 57-51 edge, then Maryland responded on an 11-2 surge to go up 62-59. Wells poured in six during the clip and Nickens again converted a three. Game Notes Wednesdays matchup was the fourth between the schools, the inaugural meeting as members of the Big Ten and first since Rutgers claimed a 95-79 decision on Dec. 28, 1991 ... Mack also dished out a game-high six assists ... Maryland shot just 34.4 percent from the field (21-of-61), while Rutgers converted 45.5 percent (25-of-55) from the floor. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ