ld Course at Broken Sound to gr

wwllw868

ld Course at Broken Sound to gr

Post autor: wwllw868 »

When Patrick Roy returns to Montreal on Tuesday as an NHL head coach for the first time, he will have a chance to look up to the rafters of the Bell Centre and enjoy the presence of his Canadiens No. 33 retired jersey banner. But as the Colorado Avalanche bench boss told TSNs Michael Farber in conversation, the road from his 1995 departure from the Habs, to that jersey honour, to his present-day job in Denver has been long and thought-provoking. Roy played his last game for Montreal on Dec. 2, 1995 when he was left in the net for the first nine goals of a 12-1 Detroit Red Wings victory. When he was finally pulled, he stormed past head coach Mario Tremblay to team president Ronald Corey and told him that the game would be his last with the Canadiens. Four days later, the future hall of famer was traded to the Avalanche as part of a five-player package. Fast forward 13 years with plenty of water under the bridge, and the Canadiens retired Roys jersey on Nov. 22, 2008. Farber asked Roy if the raising of his number to the rafters put his difficult exit from Montreal behind him. "I have to say yes it did, but for me it was before that," explained Roy. "When I retired I was already in peace in what happened in Montreal, and when Pierre Boivin and Bob Gainey came over to my house and talked about retiring my jersey and start talking to me, (asking) how do you feel...I said Im already in peace, Ive already moved on. "I understand that hockey is a business, I made a mistake, and Im sure on the other side they felt like they made a mistake as well. But at the end Im not there to judge. I was so happy to get back into the Canadiens family." Roy also recalled being frustrated by a separate incident from the same night, when late-arriving teammate Vincent Damphousse was not disciplined by Tremblay prior to the Detroit game. "Mario, I thought he was tough on me...I thought he was trying to send messages by being tougher on me. And I always thought that as a coach you need to be fair, and on that day I thought that Vinny was privileged. "He came in late because he slept in, and I just felt that was unfair to the team. Everybody has their opinion, everybody has their thinking about how things could have happened that night, and lets leave the past where it is." Would Roy have still been a Canadien if he had been pulled after the first five goals had been scored? "I have no idea," answered Roy. "I remember being down 5-1 after the first period and Mario came into the room and asked, "are you okay?"...and I said "yes Im okay". At some point I felt so sorry for my teammates (since) I couldnt stop a beach ball. My head wasnt there any more, I couldnt stop a puck. "Youre almost asking for help, but at the end were professional, you stay calm, and this is something I did not do." With the game 7-1 and catcalls coming from the home fans in Montreal, Roy made a save on a long shot by Sergei Fedorov and raised his arms to the crowd. He disclosed that his mocking action remains his only regret about the entire night. "My only one. Every day I played in Montreal, I was ready to play...I was ready to compete. I was accountable for the team. I wanted my teammates knowing that they could close their eyes knowing that their goalie will come that night and play hard for them. Thats what I wanted." Farber asked what prompted Roy to raise his arms after the save. "Its just frustration I guess. The fans love the Canadiens. The fans are...to them, they love the team, and if a player doesnt perform, then it is what it is. If youre performing, its the best place to be, and I knew that." Roy discussed why he spoke to Corey, who was seated in the front row behind the Montreal bench, after he had finally been pulled. "Because I think at the time, this is where we were. Ive been brought up to win the Stanley Cup, and I just felt like things (had) changed. Im not saying I wanted to leave Montreal, it was just time and unfortunately it happened that way." With that history firmly in Roys past, the Avalanche head coach is looking forward to playing his old club on Tuesday. "I was happy to be a part of the Montreal Canadiens...it means a lot to me to be able to go coach (against them), but Im going to try to approach it as a hockey game." China Jerseys Cheap NFL Store . 22. Wade averaged 26.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.0 steals while leading the Heat to a 3-0 record. The 31-year-old shot 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range en route to his 17th weekly honor. http://www.cheapnfljerseysfastshipping.net/. -- First baseman Carlos Pena and outfielder Brennan Boesch have signed minor league deals with the Los Angeles Angels. Stitched Nike NFL Jerseys . "Yes, Id like to get them in," Detroits rookie manager said. "Mother Natures going to have a say in that." Sure enough, the Tigers had their game against the Kansas City Royals postponed because of rain on Thursday. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . -- Louisville backup quarterback Reggie Bonnafon ran for two touchdowns and passed for another and the No.BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Michael Allen said it wasnt until his 15th hole that he started thinking about shooting golfs magic number of 59. And he promptly missed the birdie putt on the par-5 sixth hole. But with birdies on two of his last three holes, Allen matched the Champions Tour record with a 12-under 60 on Friday in the Allianz Championship, finishing the first round with an eagle and 10 birdies. The 55-year-old Allen became the ninth player in the 35-year history of the 50-and-over tour to shoot 60 and the first to accomplish the feat on a par-72 course. "The story of my career -- almost," said Allen, winless in 369 starts on the PGA Tour. "After I missed that birdie putt on No. 6, I kind of figured it wasnt happening." Allen took advantage of the calm conditions on the Old Course at Broken Sound to grab a three-shot lead over Scott Dunlap. Allen played his last 15 holes in 11 under, highlighted by aa 20-foot eagle putt on the 18th -- his ninth hole of the day.dddddddddddd "It seemed really easy," said Allen, who won the 2009 Senior PGA Championship for the first of his five Champions Tour victories. "I think its harder to shoot a 72 when youre struggling than to shoot a 60 when youre playing well." Allen was fortunate on the par-4 fourth hole when he chunked his approach to the green, then skulled a chip that took two bounces and fell into the hole for an unlikely birdie. "Thats when you kind of think things are going your way," Allen said. "Its great to shoot this round, but if Im able to win, then it will become even more magical." Tom Lehman, Chien Soon Lu and Wes Short Jr. shot 65. Short is attempting to become the 17th player to win in his Champions Tour debut. Defending champion Rocco Mediate shot a 69. He won last year in his first Champions Tour start. ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ