statement from Octagon said Phelps was

wwllw868

statement from Octagon said Phelps was

Post autor: wwllw868 »

Brooke Henderson was hoping to just make the cut at the U.S. Womens Open. Instead, the 16-year-old from Smiths Falls, Ont., left Pinehurst No. 2 as the low amateur in one of the biggest tournaments in womens golf. “Theres a lot of great amateurs that qualified here this week at the U.S. Open,” said Henderson after finishing up with a 69 in the final round. “I mean, tied 11 right now is where I stand and thats great. Coming in, I was trying to make the cut and then climb up the leaderboard, and I was able to do that. So Im very happy.” Henderson actually ended up tied for 10th, a significant finish as it gives her a spot in next years tournament. After 13 holes, she was three under for her day and tied for fifth spot, but a double bogey on the 16th dropped her back. She finished up the tournament at five over par. “My ball striking was really big for me today,” said Henderson. “I made two mistakes off the tee which cost me a double and a bogey, but other than that, I was hitting it really well and had a couple tap-in birdies, which is really nice.” Henderson said she found the course extremely tough in the early going, and was almost intimidated by it. But she found her stride as the week went on and was especially good off the tee, hitting 48 of 56 fairways for the week. The big prize for the week came as Henderson earned the medal as the low amateur, besting Minjee Lee of Australia, the No. 1-ranked amateur in the world. It also gave the Team Canada member a wealth of confidence in where she wants to be. “The best players in the world are here and to know that Im right up there, its really awesome,” she stated. “I still have a long way to go to where I want to be in the next couple years, but its really exciting to know that I have the potential and it was a great finish here this week.” Henderson has a busy summer ahead of her. Shell play in the Canadian Amateur July 22-25, the U.S. Womens Amateur Aug. 4-10, and the CP Canadian Womens Open Aug. 18-24. She will also play for Canada at the World Team Amateur Golf Championships in early September. Air Jordan 3 Nz Sale .com) - Demario Richard posted four touchdowns and Kweishi Brown came up with a key late interception as No. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Nz . Gonzalez participated in his final game on Sunday, Atlantas 21-20 defeat at the hands of the NFC South champion Carolina Panthers, having posted four catches for 46 yards. http://www.airjordan3nz.com/. Bobrovsky posted a 2-0-1 record with a 1.58 goals-against average and .950 save percentage to help the Blue Jackets (35-26-6) gain five of a possible six points last week. He capped the week by making 32 saves and stopping 2-of-4 shootout attempts in a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Wholesale Air Jordan 3 Nz .C. -- Unable to get much lift off his sore right ankle, Bobcats centre Al Jefferson figured it was time to make an adjustment. Jordan 3 For Sale Nz . Dane Dobbie and Shawn Evans each had two goals and two assists for the Roughnecks (8-5), who outscored Minnesota 6-2 in the fourth quarter after being tied through 45 minutes. Curtis Dickson scored once and set up three more for Calgary and Dan MacRae, Geoff Snider, Tor Reinholdt, Karsen Leung and Matthew Dinsdale.Putting his swimming career on hold after his second DUI arrest, Olympic champion Michael Phelps began a six-week program Sunday that he said will provide the help I need to better understand myself.The winningest athlete in Olympic history made the announcement in a series of posts on his Twitter account.According to his representatives at Octagon, Phelps entered an in-patient program that will keep him from competing at least through mid-November, though theres no indication he plans to give up swimming.The past few days have been extremely difficult, Phelps said in a statement. I recognize that this is not my first lapse in judgment, and I am extremely disappointed with myself. Im going to take some time away to attend a program that will provide the help I need to better understand myself.He added, Swimming is a major part of my life, but right now I need to focus my attention on me as an individual, and do the necessary work to learn from this experience and make better decisions in the future.The 29-year-old Phelps was arrested early Tuesday and charged with drunken driving in his native Baltimore. Police said he failed a series of field sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol content of 0.14 per cent, well above the legal limit of 0.08.Phelps retired after the 2012 Olympics in London, having won a record 18 gold medals and 22 medals overall. But he returned to competition this year with the goal of making the 2016 Rio Games.His comeback has produced encouraging results, including three golds and two silvers at the Pac Pacific Championships in August.Now, swimming is on the backburner.A statement from Octagon said Phelps was entering a comprehensive program that will help him focus on all of his life experiences and identify areas of need for long-term personal growth and development.Michael takes this matter seriously and intends to share his learning experiences with others in the future, the statement said.While Phelps was still working out his schedule for the upcoming year, he will surely miss the first U.S. Grand Prix meet at Minneapolis, which begins Nov. 20. The remaining five Grand Prix meets are all in the first half of 2015 — important steps in the lead-up to next summers world championships in Russia.ddddddddddddPhelps has already qualified for the worlds, the biggest meet on the swimming calendar outside of the Olympics. He was not planning to compete in the short course world championships, which will be held in early December in Qatar. The U.S. team for that meet, which includes longtime Phelps rival Ryan Lochte, was announced last week.Chuck Wielgus, the executive director of USA Swimming, praised Phelps for entering a program. The governing body suspended him for three months in 2009 after a photo emerged showing Phelps using a marijuana pipe, even though he was not charged.USA Swimming has not taken any disciplinary action for his second DUI arrest.We fully support Michaels decision to place his health and well-being as the number one priority, Wielgus said. His self-recognition and commitment to get help exhibit how serious he is to learn from this experience.Phelps was also charged with excessive speed and crossing double lane lines in the Fort McHenry Tunnel on Interstate 95, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority Police. An officer reported that Phelps was clocked going 84 mph in a 45-mph zone.His trial is scheduled for Nov. 19.The statement of probable cause said Phelps eyes were red, bloodshot, and his speech was mush mouth. When asked to do a one-leg stand, Phelps replied, Thats not happening, according to the statement.Phelps was previously charged with drunken driving as a 19-year-old, fresh off his second Olympic games in Greece, where he won six gold medals. He pleaded guilty to the charges, but as a young first-time offender he was able to avoid conviction. He was granted probation before judgment and sentenced to 18 months on probation and a fine.If convicted of the latest charges, Phelps faces up to a year in jail, a $1,000 fine and the loss of his drivers license for six months. However, legal experts said its unlikely the swimmer would have to serve any jail time.___Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ