al, a proven savvy playoff performer and a

Forex, zagranica, towary
wwllw868

al, a proven savvy playoff performer and a

Post autor: wwllw868 »

ARLINGTON, Va. -- Of all the subjects raised with George McPhee at his on-the-way-out news conference after being told hes done as the Washington Capitals general manager, the two most vital to understanding the teams future and recent past involved captain Alex Ovechkin and fired coach Adam Oates. And those were two topics McPhee did not want to address Monday, two days after the Capitals announced the 17-year GMs contract would not be renewed. "I dont really want to answer questions about individuals. Im going to duck those," McPhee replied when Ovechkins name was first brought up. Pressed to weigh in about the three-time NHL MVP, McPhee replied: "If youre asking me if we can win with him, I believed we could win with him." As to how Ovechkin could lead the league with 51 goals and be among the worst in the NHL with a minus-36 rating, McPhee said: "Of course I have opinions, but those issues are for the next guy." Later, McPhee was asked to describe his working relationship with Oates, who was fired Saturday with a season left on his three-year deal. "Again," McPhee said, "I dont want to talk about individuals." At another point in the half-hour meeting with the media, though, McPhee did say he "loved working with" Oates two immediate predecessors as Washingtons coach, Bruce Boudreau and Dale Hunter. The Capitals finished ninth in the Eastern Conference this season, missing the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time since 2007. "For five years, we really had an opportunity to win a cup. We were legit," McPhee said. "And then I thought the last couple years, we could make the playoffs, but going deep might be hard, because I didnt think we were quite deep enough." During the six post-season berths in the span from 2008-13, though, Washington never made it past the second round. McPhee thinks hes leaving the team in good shape, ready to reach the Stanley Cup finals "sometime in the next three years." "Im not exaggerating when I try to explain that this organization is in great shape," McPhee said. "We dont have any bad contracts on the books. Lots of cap space to work with. A great (AHL) affiliation in Hershey. A whole group of young players coming into the organization." He said the Capitals simply need a "pretty easy fix." McPhee said his contract wont expire until July 1, so other teams would need to ask the Capitals for permission to speak to him about a job. "If theres another GMs job in the future and someone gives me an opportunity, Id love to do it again," he said. "And Id go to Iceland to do it. Doesnt matter where it is." McPhees mood was light and he made a handful of jokes. Perhaps its because he was not stunned that the Capitals would make changes. "I felt it was coming," McPhee said, "but in this job, youre 24 hours away from being fired almost any time." Nike Vapormax Italia .J. -- All those records, all for naught. Nike Vapormax In Offerta . TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie both reported Thursday that there have been ongoing trade discussions between the Oilers and Los Angeles Kings over forward Sam Gagner. http://www.vapormaxitalia.it/. Canada will host Japan in a World Group first-round match in 2015. It will be a rematch of their first-round clash last year when Japan defeated Canada 4-1 to reach the World Group quarter-finals for the first time in its history. Vapormax Italia Scontate . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. Nike Vapormax Scontate . In an interview with La Presse this week, the five-time Stanley Cup champion and three-time NHL scoring leader specifically took aim at wingers Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty, saying they cant show up in a 7-4 win over the New York Rangers in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final and come up empty in Game 6.TORONTO, Ontario - Skating as part of a regular line since the Maple Leafs reconvened for practice last Wednesday, it was a different look for David Bolland this morning, adorning a “non-contact” maroon jersey and participating only in selected drills as an extra player. “We felt Bolland took a step back yesterday, we felt it would be best suited that he didnt participate on a line today,” said head coach Randy Carlyle. “Its not a positive but its not a huge negative, dont read into it that its something we cant deal with.” “Hes unlikely for tomorrow; he had a little bit of a tweak there yesterday,” added GM Dave Nonis on “Leafs Lunch” on TSN 1050. “Hes had this before and its kind of a step program where he has this and it plateaus for a day or two and then he gets right back at it.” Bolland stumbled near the end of Tuesdays practice after a minor collision during a drill and appeared to grimace. He continued to participate in the few remaining drills but went straight to the locker room instead of joining the teams group discussion on the ice once practice has concluded. “We were playing a game mode situation there and I just had a little bit of a fall there but thats whats going to happen in a game so thats what I have to get ready for,” Bolland explained on Wednesday. While he will travel with the Leafs to New York and intends to take the morning skate, as Carlyle and Nonis indicated, Bolland will likely miss his 46th consecutive game on Thursday. Nikolai Kulemin between Mason Raymond and Troy Bodie formed the third line at Wednesdays practice. “Right now its just day to day. Its just getting it stronger,” Bolland said. “You have to be 100 per cent getting back in the line-up. Dont want to be a liability out there.” But when he gets back in isnt the only decision facing Leafs brass faces when it comes to Bolland. An unrestricted free agent on July 1, he is said to be seeking a longer term contract in the $5-plus million per year range as reported by TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. Anything over $5.25 million – the cap hits for both Joffrey Lupul and David Clarkson – would make Bolland the Leafs second-highest paid forward, behind only Phil Kessels $8 million cap hit which kicks in next season. Best ssuited as a third line centre, can the Leafs afford to have Bolland that high on their pay scale? GM Dave Nonis indicated he doesnt necessarily feel compelled to make a decision before the Mar.dddddddddddd. 5 trade deadline. “If youve got a player thats unrestricted it doesnt mean he wont sign if you dont sign him before the (July 1) deadline,” Nonis explained on TSN 1050. “Look at our situation last year with Tyler Bozak. We didnt reach an agreement (before the trade deadline), he felt we needed to have him in order to get into the post-season and at the end of the season, he was a player who wanted to be here and we wanted to sign him and we found a way to reach an agreement. I dont believe you have to have a player signed, Im perfectly content of letting the UFAs play it out and see where we are.” And that might be the wisest course of action. Once healthy, Bolland would certainly help the Leafs down the stretch and into the playoffs. Given that the Leafs have built a seven point cushion on a playoff spot without him for most of the season, his return can be viewed almost as if its a deadline acquisition, and a good one at that, without giving anything up. With a resume that speaks for itself – two Stanley Cups, a Cup-winning goal, a proven savvy playoff performer and a good leader – its not unreasonable for Bolland to look in the range of $5 million per season. If he doesnt get it from the Leafs, there will be other suitors more than content to offer that type of deal. But with Jake Gardiner and Cody Franson slated for restricted free agency at the end of the season, Nazem Kadri and Jonathan Bernier at the end of the 2015 campaign and Morgan Rielly the year after that, all of whom will be due raises, how much value can the Leafs place on intangibles? “I think a little,” Nonis said on TSN 1050. “You still want to make sure the player is a good fit, that he can contribute on the ice. Therere very few guys that are making an NHL living just on being good guys in the locker room. They need to be able to go out and perform on the ice but there are some things that dont show up on the score sheet that you look at.” Theres no debate as to whether Bolland makes any team he plays on better but, at this point, he could be a luxury the Leafs just cant afford. ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ