about minorities "abhorrent" whil

wwllw868

about minorities "abhorrent" whil

Post autor: wwllw868 »

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban called Donald Sterlings purported comments about minorities "abhorrent" while saying he didnt think the NBA could force him out as owner of the Los Angeles Clippers. Speaking in Dallas locker room before Game 4 of a first-round series against San Antonio on Monday night, Cuban said he trusted Commissioner Adam Silver to "operate under the best interest of the NBA." The outspoken billionaire said it was a "slippery slope" to suggest that Sterling should be forced out as owner over comments made in the privacy of his home. "What Donald said was wrong. It was abhorrent," Cuban said. "Theres no place for racism in the NBA, any business Im associated with. But at the same time, thats a decision I make. I think youve got to be very, very careful when you start making blanket statements about what people say and think, as opposed to what they do. Its a very, very slippery slope." Two days earlier, Cuban declined to give his opinion over the brewing saga of the racist comments that Sterling is alleged to have made in a taped conversation. While he was more forceful in his rebuke of Sterling in front of about two dozen reporters Monday, Cuban questioned how the league would legislate other forms of discrimination. "How many people are bigoted in one way or the other in this league?" Cuban asked. "I dont know. But you find one, all of a sudden you say well, you cant play favourites being racist against African-Americans. Where do you draw the line?" Asked if the league would be better off without Sterling as an owner, Cuban said, "At this point, yes." "But that has nothing to do with the rules that we have to live by," Cuban said. "Theres a lot of things I dont agree with that by letter and rule of law has to happen anyway. When you live in a country of laws, you want to support there are laws." Cuban noted that he recently fought the Securities and Exchange Commission over claims that he broke laws on insider trading. And he has remained outspoken against the SEC since he won the civil lawsuit the agency filed against him over the sale of his shares in an Internet company. "Yet I still support the rule of law," Cuban said. "Theres a reason why we have a (league) constitution. Its worked for 50, however many years. It will continue to work." Aaron Judge Jersey .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Andy Pettitte Jersey . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yanke ... ds-Jersey/. Or, for that matter, the aged. Miguel Andujar Jersey . Compared to what hes gone through in recent weeks, that seemed like a breeze. Speaking to The Associated Press on Friday at an NBA Cares event, Silver said hes thrilled that the leagues attention can be on the championship series between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs -- and not, as it was for so much of the post-season, on the off-the-court matters involving the banishment of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and now the looming sale of that franchise. Brian Roberts Jersey . In the Brewers six games this season, no starter has allowed more than three runs. "We see the guy in front of us do a great job and we want to do even better," Gallardo said after the Brewers beat the Red Sox 4-0 on Sunday, his second straight scoreless start.The Los Angeles Clippers will try to knot their Western Conference playoff series with the Golden State Warriors on Monday night when the two teams collide at Staples Center. The Warriors stole home-court advantage with a 109-105 victory Saturday afternoon. Klay Thompson tallied 22 points and seven rebounds, while David Lee had 20 points and 13 rebounds. Harrison Barnes scored 14 with eight boards off the bench for Golden State, while leading scorer Stephen Curry was limited to 14 points with seven assists and seven turnovers. "I am proud of my guys," said Warriors head coach Mark Jackson. "Were not going to quit. We had a tremendous will. This series is far from over." Chris Paul flirted with a triple-double for Los Angeles, depositing 28 points with eight assists and seven rebounds in the disappointing setback. He helped bring the Clippers back into the contest, but made some critical mistakes late. J.J. Redick added a playoff career-high 22 points and DeAndre Jordan scored 11 and grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds. Blake Griffin, an MVP candidate this season, was plagued by foul trouble for most of the game. He managed 16 points before he fouled out after just 19:14 of action. "I kept putting myself in a bad situation by fouling," Griffin said. "I have to do a better job. I have to play smarter. I think some of us, including myself, wanted it too much. We have to relax." The Warriors were in front through most of the second half, but Paul buried a pair of 3-pointers to tie the contest. It was knotted at 105-105 when Golden States Draymond Green worked his way to the free throw line with 24 seconds left and made both. The Clippers used their final timeout and put the ball in their All-Star Pauls hands, but a hard double team forced Paul to lose it out-of-bounds, although a foul couldve been called. After initially ruling Clippers ball, officials went to the monitors and quickly overturned the call, handing it back to Golden State. It appeared to be a classic case of the refereees electing not to call a foul, instead, letting the team retain possession.dddddddddddd While the replay was used correctly by the officials, the NBA acknowledged a foul shouldve been called. "Just prior to the ball going out-of-bounds, Paul was fouled by Green and Paul should have been granted two free throws. Contact preceding out-of-bounds calls is not a reviewable matter," Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations said in a statement. Barnes then made 1-of-2 from the stripe, leaving the door open for Los Angeles, but Paul was intentionally fouled and the 86 percent career foul shooter missed both. Green could have put the game away, but he too missed two free throws with 6.8 seconds to play. On the second miss, the Clippers Darren Collison chased down the rebound and stepped out of bounds. Thompson then took his turn at the stripe and made 1-of-2, sealing the outcome. "We didnt play very well," said Clippers head coach Doc Rivers. "We were in foul trouble most of the game. We played hard but a lot of times I think we lost our trust." There were no fireworks that marred three of the four regular-season meetings between the teams. For the Warriors, who pulled off an upset of the Denver Nuggets in the first round last postseason, it was a great win as they were not immune from foul trouble. Andre Iguodala, a stout defender, fouled out in the fourth quarter after around 20 minutes of action. Golden State is already without its defensive anchor, center Andrew Bogut, who fractured a rib and is out indefinitely. "Maybe being short-handed focused on that a little bit more," said Lee. "We feel like this is two very good basketball teams, were a little bit short- handed so our goal tonight was to come out aggressive and to come out and hit first. That didnt mean get down 10 to one or whatever happened, but thats the way it worked but we feel like we have enough players to win this series and just try to be aggressive." This series shifts to Oracle Arena for Game 3 on Thursday night. ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ