ame three others, with a series of eagl

wwllw868

ame three others, with a series of eagl

Post autor: wwllw868 »

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings might be the NHLs best defensive team, and they hadnt blown a two-goal lead in a loss in nearly a full calendar year. The Toronto Maple Leafs broke down that defence and pulled out an impressive road victory despite nearly running out of goalies along the way. Mason Raymond broke a tie with a short-handed goal early in the third period and the Maple Leafs snapped the Kings eight-game winning streak with a 3-2 victory Thursday night. James Reimer made 31 saves in the final two periods after replacing the injured Jonathan Bernier for the Leafs, who have won four of five. Captain Dion Phaneuf and Carl Gunnarsson also scored as Toronto beat both Southern California NHL clubs in a four-day span, albeit with a blowout loss at the Shark Tank sandwiched in between. "We need every point that we can possibly get," Toronto coach Randy Carlyle said. "Were in desperation mode as every team is, and we just found a way to gut it out. We gave up a two-goal lead, and we found a way to get a big goal." After the Leafs erased that early 2-0 deficit, Raymond put them ahead with 14:54 to play. Kopitar was stopped by Reimer on a golden scoring chance, and Raymond alertly countered on a 2-on-1 rush with James van Riemsdyk for Raymonds 19th goal. Bernier gave up two goals in the first period of his first game back in Los Angeles against the team that traded him last summer, but then sat out the final two periods with a lower-body injury. Reimer filled in admirably, making a number of stunning saves. "I wouldnt blow it up too big," Reimer said. "I just came in and did my job. Every time you go in is an opportunity." Reimer, who gave up six goals in San Jose, also got up quite slowly in the second period after getting an accidental blow to the head from Jarret Stoll when the goalie dived to stop a puck. Reimer eventually shook it off, but said he "got (his) bell rung." "I was sitting beside Bernier when that happened," said Nazem Kadri, who had two assists. "I told him to take off his pads. I might have to throw them on." Marian Gaborik had an early goal and an assist in his home debut with the Kings, who fell just short of matching the longest winning streak in franchise history. Anze Kopitar had a power-play goal and Jonathan Quick stopped 26 shots in his first loss since Feb. 3. After losing nine of 10 in a skid stretching into early February, the Kings won their final game before the Olympic break and hadnt lost since. This loss prevented the Kings from equaling their record nine-game streak in 2010. "Its a stinger every time you lose after a pretty strong road trip," Kopitar said. "We didnt want to start off a homestand with a loss. I dont know how they execute their system, but it seemed like they were skating and playing a tight-checking game. But it was just a case of our game tonight not getting it done." Gaborik still came through in the Slovak goal-scorers fourth game with the club, providing exactly the boost they sought for their sagging offence. Wearing their Forum-blue-and-gold throwback jerseys, the Kings went ahead just 1:57 in when the rebound of Drew Doughtys low shot went straight to Gaborik, who scored his seventh goal of the season. "I think its coming along," Gaborik said of his line with Kopitar and Justin Williams. "We had some chemistry with our line and created some chances, so I think its going the right way." Kopitar then scored a power-play goal on a beautiful cross-ice pass from Doughty, the gold medal-winning Canadian defenceman. Gunnarsson tied it up early in the second with just his second goal in 67 games this season. Bernier was the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft by Kings general manager Dean Lombardi. He played 62 games for Los Angeles over five NHL seasons, but never managed to beat out Quick, a lower-round pick by a previous regime who eventually became the Kings Conn Smythe Trophy winner. Lombardi traded Bernier to Toronto in a deal for Ben Scrivens -- since traded to Edmonton -- and Matt Frattin, who was sent to Columbus in the deal for Gaborik. Bernier lost 3-1 to the Kings in Toronto in December. NOTES: Mike Richards accidentally shot the puck into teammate Justin Williams face with 3 minutes to play. Williams stayed in the game. ... Toronto scratched C Peter Holland, who has the flu. ... The Kings announced their 100th consecutive sellout at Staples Center since December 2011. Nike Zoom Comprar Online . The unrestricted free agent agreed to terms with the club on Thursday on a one-year, two-way deal worth $700,000. Nike Air Zoom Ofertas .J. - Trying to learn and absorb the new West Coast offence being installed by new offensive co-ordinator Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants wrapped their final organized team activity Thursday before a three-day mini-camp next week. http://www.nikezoombaratas.es/. Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Venta De Nike Air Zoom . Algeria led 3-0 at halftime, but withstood a stronger South Korean second half performance to claim its first World Cup win since 1982 and move into second place in Group H with one match left to play. Defeat for South Korea means it must now beat already-qualified Belgium to stand a chance of progressing to the knockout stages. Nike Air Zoom Baratas . He reps the 4-1-6The insecurity of Canadian basketball fans is not what it once was with the home grown talent making its way to the big leagues, but it is still nice to see the local kids remembering where they come from once they make their way south.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- J.B. Holmes was a 3-foot putt away from winning the Wells Fargo Championship when he backed away to size up the situation. This wasnt about pressure. He was just happy to be there. Nearly three years removed from brain surgery, Holmes was in a far better place Sunday at Quail Hollow. His 3-foot bogey putt gave him a 1-under 71 and a one-shot victory over Jim Furyk, capping a remarkable comeback from a health issue that wouldnt be classified as the garden variety in golf. Not many other guys keep a piece of their skull in a container in their closet. "Just enjoying the moment," Holmes said. "You dont get that very often, so getting up and thanking God for letting me have the opportunity to do it. Whether I made it or not, just enjoy being there." He made it more stressful than he needed, with two bogeys on the last three holes and an 8-foot par putt on the other. Jason Bohn had the best chance to catch Holmes, one shot behind until pulling a 4-iron into the water on the par-3 17th and making double bogey. Phil Mickelson never had a chance, missing four putts from the 4-foot range and closing with a 76 to finish out of the top 10. It was the third PGA Tour win for Holmes, and by far the sweetest. Three years ago, he began to feel dizzy, and it wasnt much longer when he was diagnosed with structural defects in the cerebellum known as Chiara malformations. He had brain surgery -- twice. The first time was to remove a piece of his skull. The second time was from an allergic reaction to the adhesive that was holding the titanium plate to the base of the skull, causing severe headaches. If that wasnt enough, he injured his left elbow from hitting too many golf balls in a rush to return. Holmes spent a year getting more cortisone shots that he cared to remember, and when he broke his ankle while roller blading for exercise last year, he used that time to have elbow surgery. "Its been a long journey for me," Holmes said. "Ive had some ups and downs. Its a great feeling to be out there and to get one done." Holmes made enough key putts to allow for some mistakes at the end. He ran off three birdies in a four-hole stretch around the turn, including a 30-footer on No. 11 that opened up a two-shot lead. He gouged a fairway metal out of the rough on the par-5 15th to set up a 6-foot birdie putt that stretched his lead to three shots. Perhaps the biggest putt of all was an 8-foot par save on the 17th hole. That kept his lead at two shots, and he needed it. Instead of playing an irron off the tee, he drove into the right rough, came up well short of the green and chipped weakly to 45 feet.dddddddddddd Furyk was watching on TV in the locker room when Holmes knocked in the bogey putt to finish at 14-under 274. Martin Flores, in his first time playing in the last group, fell too far back with a three-putt bogey on the 13th. He made bogey on the 18th for a 72 and was third, the best finish of his PGA Tour career. Bohn also bogeyed the 18th for a 70 to finish fourth. Bohn received a bad time on the 16th hole -- one more would have been a one-shot penalty -- and said he let it get to him. "I didnt feel comfortable with the wind starting to gust up a little bit, and I went ahead and hit it anyhow in a situation that I probably would have backed off in," Bohn said. "So Im more disappointing in myself and the way that I handled that than the golf shots that I hit." Still, the biggest disappointment might have been Mickelson. He was in great shape going into the final round, two shots out of the lead, and the two players ahead of him stalled at the start. Instead, Mickelson matched his highest final round on the PGA Tour since The Barclays in 2012. And it was an old nemesis -- short putting -- that did him in. Mickelson three-putted from 15 feet on No. 8. He missed a 3-foot par putt on the 11th, a 4-foot birdie putt on the 14th and four-putted from 30 feet on the 16th. "I had two great rounds and I had two pathetic rounds this week," Mickelson said. "The greens putted perfectly, even though I didnt." The challenge came three others, with a series of eagles that injected some drama into Quail Hollow, if only briefly. Furyk chipped in for eagle from off the 15th green and then closed with three straight pars for a 65 to sit in the clubhouse at 13-under 275. Bohn holed out a sand wedge from 95 yards on the par-5 10th hole that disappeared into the cup on the third bounce. He also chipped in for birdie on No. 12. Flores chipped in for eagle from short of the 10th green that allowed him to tie for the lead, but only until Holmes made a short birdie putt of his own on No. 10. Holmes ran in the long birdie putt on the next hole for a two-shot lead, and he stayed in control the rest of the way. Holmes still has that container with a piece of his skull somewhere in his closet. He doesnt use it as inspiration. Hes not even sure where it is. So when asked if he would put the trophy from Wells Fargo next to it, Holmes chuckled. "Ill put the skull in the trophy," he said. ' ' '
parsencevag

Sex Chat Online

Post autor: parsencevag »

Spend an evening with a sexy girl
https://azart.vip/
parsencevag

Sexy Russian Girls Online

Post autor: parsencevag »

Spend an evening with a sexy girl
https://azart.vip/
parsencevag

Erotic chat 18+