ning streak. "We didnt shoot the ball

wwllw868

ning streak. "We didnt shoot the ball

Post autor: wwllw868 »

BOSTON -- It took a couple of last-minute goals for the New Jersey Devils to snap their recent woes against the Boston Bruins. Marek Zidlicky and Andy Greene scored power-play goals 23 seconds apart late in the third period, lifting the Devils to a 4-3 win over the Bruins on Saturday night. The victory snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Bruins for the Devils (2-5-4). "I mean, we were due for some good fortune," Devils coach Peter DeBoer said of his teams start this season, but he could as well have been referring to the recent games against Boston. "We havent had a lot of it through the first 10 or 11 games," he said. "I thought the guys continued to work hard, we dug ourselves a little hole there early and considering the circumstances, it would have been easy to pack it in and we didnt. We kept chipping away and like I said, we were due for some good luck." Adam Henrique and Damien Brunner also had power-play goals for the struggling Devils. Martin Brodeur stopped 25 shots after a rough start. Torey Krug, Jarome Iginla and Milan Lucic scored first-period goals for Boston (7-3). Iginla and David Krejci each had two assists as Boston built a 3-1 lead. With the Devils skating with a 6-on-3 advantage after Krug was given a double minor for high sticking Brunner, Patrice Bergeron was whistled for delay of game and they pulled Brodeur, Zidlicky unloaded a shot from the point that beat Tuukka Rask with 1:08 to play. "Its a huge win," Devils forward Patrick Elias said. "Obviously we didnt start well." Green then scored the game-winner from the left circle on a 5-on-4 advantage at 19:15. Rask made 28 saves. New Jersey went 4 for 7 on the power play. "Well, obviously the power play -- four power-play goals tonight," DeBoer said. "I dont think weve won in this rink in four or five years, so we were going to need something special tonight, whether it was a four-star performance from somebody or our power play to click. We got some of that." Coming off a last-second win against San Jose on Thursday, Boston grabbed a 2-0 lead on its first two shots of the game against Brodeur. Krugs power-play goal gave the Bruins a 1-0 lead at 7:52 of the opening period when he fired a slap shot from just above the right circle that ricocheted in off a Devils player in front of the net. Boston made it 2-0 just 1:27 later when Iginla sent a shot from the right wing that caromed off Brunners skate and between Brodeurs pads. DeBoer then called time out. It turned out to be a small key in sparking his team. Iginla didnt think the Bruins were overconfident after jumping on the Devils early. "I think were confident (when) we have the lead. We think we can hold it. It was just the second period that we werent as good," Iginla said. "We werent skating as well. We werent first to the pucks like we were in the first period. You give them credit. They got better. "But the third, with the lead by one goal up until the last four minutes, it was the way we want to play that. Being at home wed like to put them away, but we werent able to and they hung around and they got the power plays late and they took advantage of it." It was Bostons third game in four days and coach Claude Julien thought it may have hurt his team, but didnt use it as an excuse. "To me tonight we had one line going and too many mediocre guys," he said. The Devils cut the deficit to 2-1 on Henriques power-play goal when he swooped in and scored off the rebound off Eric Gelinas shot at 11:24. But Krejci sent Lucic in alone down the left wing and he fired a wrister past Brodeur with 56 seconds left in the first. The Devils played a more spirited second period and had a handful of decent scoring chances before Brunners goal sliced it to 3-2 with 27.1 seconds left in the period. He fired a backhander that slipped between Rasks right arm and the post, trickling across the line. NOTES: Boston had won 11 of the previous 12 games against New Jersey, with the lone loss in April 2011. ... Bruins D Zdeno Chara was whistled for two minor penalties. ... It was the first of three meetings between the teams this season, the only in Boston. ... Boston is off until Wednesday when it plays at Pittsburgh in a rematch of last seasons Eastern Conference finals, swept by the Bruins. ... The Devils host Tampa Bay on Tuesday. Air Force 1 Baratas Rebajas . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz. Air Force 1 España . -- The Sacramento Kings have signed first-round pick Nik Stauskas to his rookie contract. http://www.airforce1baratas.es/. - Quarterback Brady Quinn says he has been released by the Miami Dolphins. Air Force 1 Baratas . Its like being on Broadway, everything you do matters. Id want to be good though! I couldnt play here if I wasnt very good. #83217388 / gettyimages. Air Force 1 España Baratas .Steamboat Ski Resort contends Steamboat Springs, Colorado has long been known as Ski Town, U.S.A., and claims in a new lawsuit that Salt Lake tourism officials violated their trademark when they rolled out the Ski City marketing campaign last month.SALT LAKE CITY -- Marvin Williams has been so hot the last three games that he didnt let an air ball bother him. With Utah leading by seven in the fourth quarter against the reigning NBA champs, the Jazz forward released a 22-foot jumper that wasnt close. The Jazz came right back to the unfazed Williams and his back-to-back 3-pointers sparked Utah to a 94-89 win over the Miami Heat. "I cant think of a bigger win than this one," said Williams, who scored 23 points. Trailing 87-79 after Williams shots, the Heat used a 10-4 run to draw within two points after Ray Allen made a 3 from the corner with 46 seconds to play. Rookie Trey Burke, who had 13 points, rose up and drained the clutch 19-foot jump shot to beat the shot clock and Gordon Haywards free throw clinched the win for the Jazz, who have beat the Heat at home three straight times. Burke has said he hit the classic rookie "wall" that often plagues first-year players after theyve played 35-40 games. Shooting just over 30 per cent the past three games, his teammates and coaches have encouraged him to keep shooting. "They come to me and tell me to play with confidence. Dont think about it. Just play freely. Thats what I did tonight," said Burke, who had a penchant for big shots as the AP Player of the Year at Michigan last season. Dwyane Wade had 19 points for the Heat, who missed their last four shots from the field to thwart their comeback bid. LeBron James was 4 of 13 from the field for 13 points, his lowest scoring total since he had 13 points in a 104-88 win over Atlanta on Nov. 19. "Theres nobody that can stop LeBron from scoring the basketball, but we tried to slow him down collectively as a team and I think we did pretty good," Williams said. Hayward nearly had his first triple-double with nine points, 11 assists and nine rebounds, while often guarding Wade and James. Richard Jefferson had 14 and Alec Burks had 12 points for the Jazz, who snapped their four-game losing streak in front of a frenzied crowd. James subbed in with 7:54 to play and his team trailing 77-70 and the Heat looked poised for a comeback as they also reached the penalty with 6:51 to play. But James missed his only two field goal attempts of the fourth quarter and was 2 of 4 from the line. The young Jazz, who entered the game with worst record in the Western Conference, relied on their two veterans down the stretch until Burkes big shot. Williams, who averages 9.9 points, has scored 67 points in his last three games and made 5 of 8 from beyond the arc in this one.dddddddddddd After his air ball, Williams made a pair of 3-pointers -- the last shot just beating the shot clock after Jefferson dove to the floor to gather a loose ball and flip it to Utahs hot hand. "He just found somebody open and I was able to get away from Chris Bosh. I just threw it up there and was able to beat the clock and it went in," Williams said. Once the Heat turned up the defensive pressure, the Jazz were often scrambling to get any shot they could muster late in the clock. When the ball ended up in the hands of Williams and Jefferson, who had seven in the final period, good things happened. "I cant say enough about their focus and desire to help this young group grow. And their play has been great, gives us a chance to be competitive every night," Utah coach Ty Corbin said of his veteran forwards. James has averaged 31.3 points and 7.8 assists per game in his last four on the road as the Heat have found their offence, shooting better than 50 per cent. "It was just one of those games where offensively we were out of rhythm and you try to win on the defensive end," said James, whose team dropped to 27-2 when holding opponents under 100 points this season. The four-time MVP also had scored 30 or more in six straight trips to Salt Lake City, averaging 33.5 points while hitting 57.7 per cent from the field, but didnt ever get things going in a contest that snapped the Heats three-game winning streak. "We didnt shoot the ball well like we are capable of doing," James said. "We had some great looks, including myself, some really open looks." Even after a couple nights off, the Heat started sluggishly and the Jazz ran around and through them for a 32-18 lead in the first quarter. The Jazz had 11 assists in the opening period and shot 62 per cent. James gave the Heat their final lead in the opening moments of the third quarter at 54-52, but Utah controlled the game the rest of the way. "It seemed we were always in the right place at the right time tonight," Hayward said. NOTES: The NBA assessed a $5,000 fine to Chalmers for a flop in the third quarter against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. The league office previously warned Chalmers for a flop against Atlanta on Jan. 20. . James had 30 points and the Heat shot a franchise-best 63.4 per cent from the field when the Heat thrashed Utah 117-94 in Miami on Dec. 16. . James loudly expressed his displeasure after a foul call on Derrick Favours drive with 1:57 to play. ' ' '
ODPOWIEDZ